Views in the last week

4/19/2011

Deck Profile: Anthony Gospel's Virus Chaos

Anthony has decided to use his unique Chaos Stun deck in the tournament today. The deck plays like a normal Chaos Stun deck with a few exceptions: Anthony is packing 3 copies of Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast and even a Giant Kozaky to make use of his 3 copies of Eradicator Epidemic Virus and a Deck Devastation Virus!

Monsters: 21
3 Chaos Sorcerer
3 Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast
3 Cyber Dragon
3 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Doomcaliber Knight
2 Effect Veiler
2 Spirit Reaper
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Giant Kozaky
1 Morphing Jar

Spells: 6
3 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon

Traps: 13
3 Eradicator Epidemic Virus
2 Solemn Warning
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Deck Devastation Virus
1 Mirror Force
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Call Of The Haunted
1 Mind Crush

Extra Deck: 15
3 Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Dark End Dragon
1 Mist Wurm
1 Magical Android
1 Red Dragon Archfiend
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Thought Ruler Archfiend

Side Deck: 15
3 Skill Drain
2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Compulsory Evacuation Device
2 Psi-Blocker
2 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
2 Deck Devastation Virus


The following is my interview with Anthony regarding his deck:

Q: What made you choose the deck for this tournament?
A: I feel that this format is wide open right now, with a lot of variety in the field. I believe Chaos Stun has a solid match-up vs a vast majority of the decks that will be popular in this tournament. My deck is very stable and even when I drew poorly the deck is consistent enough to give me a chance to play out of them.

Q: How do you feel about your odds entering the tournament?
A: I feel very confident in my chances of making the Top 16. I had success in the DuelistGroundz United States Championship playing a similar deck. I feel that as long as I play smart and hopefully don't get paired versus Gravekeepers all day I will be fine.

Q: How does your deck match-up against the other predicted top decks of the format?
A: I  feel very confident in most of the mainstream match-ups since my deck is inherently Anti Meta. Chaos Sorcerer is a great boss card that gives my Anti Meta strategy the extra punch to finish matches off. Gravekeeper is probably my worst match-up but the Virus Engine goes along way versus them. Being able to sweep away all their Traps with 2 cards is terrific, and I can even use Eradicator Epidemic Virus to clear Necrovalley if needed. I feel like this deck has as good of a match-up versus Gravekeeper as any Chaos deck possibly could.

Q: Explain the unique card choices in your deck?
A: The Virus Engine is what really separates this deck. It admittedly takes away some of the consistency from the deck, however the explosiveness you get when you successfully resolve one of the Virus cards is too big to ignore. Not only do I get physical card advantage from this, but similar to Royal Tribute I will now know all of their cards and how to maximize my cards against what they have.

Anthony's build is a unique spin on the deck. Already off to a good 1-0 start in the tournament Anthony hopes to ride his Virus Engine all the way to the Top 16 playoff. This deck will certainly have a chance to prove itself in the coming rounds and could become a trendsetter for Chaos Stun decks everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment